Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sick

One of these days, I'll get over this cold. I go to bed at night and say a prayer that I'll wake up the next morning and I'll feel better, but it doesn't happen. My son is finally feeling better after having a stomach virus for about a week. He's at preschool this morning which is a good thing for him. I've been trying to keep his life as "normal" as possible during all of this. I'm not always successful with that though. A few nights ago, he had a bad dream and climbed into bed with us. Initially, he didn't want to talk about the dream, but he later told me about it. I'll spare you the details, but it was about my mom at hospice. He's just too young to really comprehend what is going on, but he knows that she is dying and that soon she'll be in heaven. He says he's okay with that. He knows that she's going to a wonderful place and that someday, we'll all be there together. He doesn't question that, he just believes it to be true because that's what I've told him. To be a child and have such blind faith! I wish that my faith was that strong and that I knew without a shadow of a doubt that heaven was real. I just want someone to tell me with 100% certainty that my mother will be okay after she dies.

And to end on a high note (for Ken) I'll tell you that I'm happy to see spring arrive, and to see everything turning green again. The grass in my backyard is a brilliant green and it looks beautiful. My son will be playing in his first soccer game on Saturday which should be interesting indeed! That reminds me... I need to buy him some shin guards.

As always...thanks for reading.
Mimi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying daily for you and your mom .. Wendy

Mel said...

If there is anything in this life that I am certain of, it's this: there is a better place after this life.....

KathyI said...

Heaven is real. We have to believe that. My dad told me once about a good friend who he completely trusted who passed away slowly and was able to communicate what she saw..and it sounded just like heaven.